Tuesday, May 30, 2006

The Pirate Party of Sweden hits US shores

There's a new party in town, the Pirate Party, and it's about time. Arrrr!

As mentioned in my last post, I agree with Randy Barnett that Article I, Section 8, Clause 8, of the US Constitution is a defect and needs to walk the plank. Any party worth its weight in doubloons would construct such a plank. Along these lines, the Pirate Party of Sweden set out on its first voyage earlier this year. Now there's a budding US counterpart. They are destined for great things ... if they be liberalizing pirates. They'll part some waters. I feel it in my bones.

Here is a speech by Rickard Falkvinge, founder of these brigands, entitled Friends, Citizens, Pirates, in which he declares, My name is Rickard and I'm a pirate.

Avast! and answer me this. Be ye an intellectual-monopoly landlubber or be ye a pirate?

No comments: